Box at Yale is a cloud-based file sharing and storage workspace that enables people to collaborate and share information. The service is provided free to all Yale Students, Staff and Faculty.
Access Box online (web)
Install and use the Box desktop application
- 50 GB of space per user. You can upload files up to 15 GB in size.
- Upon graduation, student accounts can be converted to personal Box.com accounts with the benefit of maintaining the 50 GB quota.
- It’s easy to upload content, organize documents, share items, and permissions on shared items.
- Collaborate on documents with colleagues seamlessly anytime, anywhere from any device.
- Uploaded files are private and not shared unless you share them.
- Maintains version history of your files.
- Deleted files are kept in the Trash folder for 30 days.
For information about using Box for secure data, please refer to central Yale ITS Box page and policies